What is a mains injection?
A mains injection is the process of disinfecting all associated pipeworks for hot and cold feeds to a site, including tanks. This is to ensure that the water is potable to all outlets.
When is a mains injection required?
– If sampling shows high counts of harmful pathogens such as legionella
– If there is suspected contamination in the water system
– If the system has not been in use causing stagnation
– In any new installations as part of the buildings commissioning procedure
– Where alterations have been done to the water system
– Installation of closed heating systems and chilled water systems also have pre-commissioning and treatment requirements.